Monday, March 30, 2009

I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat and more.....


I have never had a more challenging job than this. Being a full time housewife and mom is hard. I am physically, mentally, horizontally and vertically challenged. I take my hat off to all mom who has been doing this all their lives. This includes my mother who has seven children. No wonder she was weird when I was young. Now I understand.

I have only two children but some days I feel like I have a battalion. How do you get them to listen to you without repeating the same sentence 10 times in a span of 5 minutes? Yes, it is only a simple instructions like "let's go", "switch it off", "shoes on please". Give me $100m project anytime, I will make sure that its profitable. I will make it work. Kids, how do I deal with them? And why am I still complaining that I need "challenge"? For god sake, I have ample. All I need to do is to LIVE it and EAT it.
BUT there is nothing more satisfying than seeing them on the bike, pedalling on 2 wheels, soaking wet in the tropical rain, laughing. There is nothing more satisfying than when they say "Thank you mummy, I really had a great day today".

Love is such a simple word but even the most eloquent writer is not able to describe it.