Thursday, March 19, 2009

Inconsolable Grief


Grieving for the faces I cannot remember, the smiles that I cannot see, the hands I cannot hold, the laughter I cannot hear. Time to let go and move on but why is it so difficult?

Grieving for my firstborn who insisted that she doesn't need me to send her to school. Her first time to school by herself. She went on her scooter. I was behind her all the time trying to keep up but she was too fast and she didn't even look back. Where does the time go?

Grieving for my youngest who is down with mononucleosis. Rashes all over his body and is feeling itchy, sore throat and lethargic. He has not been sick since as long as I can remember. Maybe its the way his body is telling me that he is affected by this move. If only I could transfer the pain to me.

Grieving for the sadness that I am feeling but can't make myself to cry.
Painting by Ivan Kramskoi - a Russian painter