Monday, June 15, 2009

Supernovae

We had a quiet birthday party yesterday for the two monkeys. One turned 5 and the other turned 8. I can still remember my childhood when I was 8. I also remember my childhood memories when I was 5 going to the shop in my undies only. Nothing else on and the weather was hot and humid. I was told to put on more clothes if I want to go to the shop when I turned 8.

Today, school holiday starts and it will resume in mid August. What do I do with two monkeys for that long? This is the first time that I will be staying at home while they have their school holidays. Who came up with this idea of a 2 months school holidays? I know its a beautiful summer in Canada but what do I do in this humid, hot 40 degree C country?

I (not "we" , yes have ditched democracy), have decided that these are what we will be doing (with some consultation, of course for Chairman's approval):
15th June - 28th June: Malaysia between Pagoh, Melaka and Kuala Lumpur
29th June - 8th July: Singapore and entertain a friend who is coming from Japan and attend our 1st Chinese wedding at the Raffles
9th July - 13th July: Kuching, Rainforest Music Festival and a friend 40th birthday
14th July - 25th July: Perth, Australia
26th July - 30th July: Kuala Lumpur
1st Aug - 8th Aug: Mantaray Bungalow, Kuala Terengganu
9th Aug - 16th Aug: Singapore museums and Bintan

Can anyone (including moi) complaint that they are bored to death? Unfortunately, P can only join in some of the activities as someone has to make the money for someone to spend. We are doing it only to boost the global economy. The world needs us.

The photo is an image of a "supernova".
A supernova (pl. supernovae) is a stellar explosion. Supernovae are extremely luminous and cause a burst of radiation that often briefly outshines an entire galaxy, before fading from view over several weeks or months. During this short interval, a supernova can radiate as much energy as the Sun could emit over its life span.