Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Adjustments




We have found a house in Bukit Timah. The challenge is now to make that house a home. We will move in next week when our furniture arrives here. House is walking distance to both Sophia's and Johan's schools which is good. They will start school next week. Sophia is excited but Johan is the complete opposite. That would be my challenge. Kids teach you patience. I am adjusting to being at home. I was an absentee mother for the last two years. I am trying my very best to make up for the lost time. Tell you what - children are very forgiving.

I feel liberated not having to think (responsible/obligated) of work but at the same time I feel like I am loosing myself. I feel like I am loosing my identity as "Zana". This will be worse when the kids start school as I will be known as Sophia's mum and Johan's mum.

Nearly eight years now and I am still adjusting to motherhood.